Putting our Vision into Action: Additional Plans
Mississauga has numerous plans to guide environmental action. Below are a list of plans that contribute to creating a greener, healthier and more sustainable city.
- The Natural Heritage and Urban Forest Strategy, along with the Urban Forest Management Plan guides the management of Mississauga’s Natural Heritage System and Urban Forest to ensure they are protected, enhanced, restored and expanded for future generations.
- Mississauga’s Official Plan guides the city’s growth and sustainable development to the year 2031. The Official Plan policies manage and direct the next stage of the Mississauga’s growth – redevelopment and intensification.
- Mississauga Cycling Master Plan guides the development of over 900 kilometres of cycling routes in the city with a vision to make Mississauga a city where people choose to cycle for recreation, fitness and for their daily transportation needs.
- The Credit River Parks Strategy guides investment in the conservation, management and growth of 37 parks and natural areas along the Credit River.
- The Peel Climate Change Strategy brings together the regional government with the area municipalities and the conservation authorities for local action on climate change, focussing on both mitigation and adaptation measures.