COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Erindale Gallery
Displaying image 159 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Evans Estate, (Glenerin Hall), Erindale
Identifier: C503
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1927
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 1695 The Collegeway

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1695 The Collegeway. Range 1 NDS, Pt. Lot 3. Built by W. W. Evans in 1927. Was used by students and teachers of St. Hilda’s School, who were evacuated from Britain during the war, from 1940 to 1944. The property was purchased by the Robert Simpson Company in 1945 as a rest home for its employees. It was bought by St. Basil’s Novitiate in 1961, for young men preparing for the priesthood. The property was purchased in 1970 by Erin Mills Development, and part of the house was used by the Solel Congregation Synagogue for services. The house underwent extensive renovations ca 1980 when it was converted to a small hotel, the Glenerin Inn. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System