COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Erindale Gallery
Displaying image 201 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Felician Sisters of St. Francis Canada Convent & Cemetery, Erindale
Identifier: D259
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1938
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 2165 Mississauga Road North

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2165 Mississauga Road North. Range 3, CIR, pt. Lot 10. This is a two-and-a-half storey structure built as an English country estate in English Tudor Manor style. It was designed by architects George and Moorhouse in 1938 and originally known as the William George Dean residence. (William George Dean was a director of Eaton¿s.) The building later became a convent for the Felician Sisters of St. Francis Canada. It is not visible from the road. There is a carriage house attached to the east side and a modern addition to the west. There was a small cemetery on the property where about seven of the sisters were buried. Sometime before 2004 six of the sisters' bodies were moved, without the knowledge of the Registrar of Cemeteries, and reinterred in Assumption Cemetery. It is possible that there are still some burials on the property. The property is listed on the Heritage Register. Description as of July 2018.
Agency: Mississauga Library System