COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Erindale Gallery
Displaying image 112 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Erindale Campus, University of Toronto at Mississauga, South Building
  View Full size image
Title: Erindale Campus, University of Toronto at Mississauga, South Building
Identifier: MI0068
Date of Original Photo: ca 1980
Date Built: 1970-1973
Image Type: Slide
Subject: University of Toronto at Mississauga
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 3359 Mississauga Road North, pt. Lots 4 and 5, Conc Range 1 to 3 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3359 Mississauga Road. Range 1 to 3 NDS, pt. Lots 4 to 5, Plan 550 pt. Blk M. Erindale Campus, now the University of Toronto at Mississauga. Photograph of the South Building, taken ca 1980. The North Building was built 1966-1967; the South Building in 1970-1973. The first residences were built in 1973. The Principalís house, Lislehurst, formerly the Schreiber residence, was built in 1878. The architects for the North Building were Levine and Lawrence, Don Mills For the South Building the architects were A.D. Margison and Raymond Moriyama. It is the only example in Mississauga of the architectural style known as Brutalism. The building is listed on the Heritage Inventory. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System