COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Erindale Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
Identifier: PH0626
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1887
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x9 cm.
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 3041 Mississauga Road, pt. Lot 3, Conc Range 1 CIR, NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3041 Mississauga Road, formerly 1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. This is the second church on this site at 1745 Dundas Street West. The original church, built in 1826 and consecrated in 1828, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land on which the church was built was purchased for ten shillings by Peter Adamson, Joseph Adamson, Alexander Proudfoot, William Thompson, Frederick Starr Jarvis and Henry Carpenter. The Rev. James Magrath, who had come from Ireland with his wife and family, was appointed the first Rector. In 1887 the first church was razed to make way for construction of the second church, of Credit Valley stone. In 1910 a tower and spire were added. Listed on the Heritage Inventory. Description updated July 2019.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8853