COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Erindale Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 465 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Winding Lane Bird Sanctuary, Erindale
Identifier: D287
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1976
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 3230 Mississauga Road, pt. Lot 2, Range 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3230 Mississauga Road. Range 2 NDS, pt. Lot 2. The sanctuary was founded in 1928 by Roy Ivor, and after his death was looked after by Bernice Inman-Emery until her death. The original house was destroyed by fire in December 1970, and the present house was built in 1976. All that is presently left of it is the chimney. The City of Mississauga bought most of the property in 1987 and Erin Mills Development also donated a portion of Sawmill Valley land. The City has recently begun rehabilitating Winding Lane and it will be resurfaced to link with the main Sawmill Trail. Description as of July 2018.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8853