COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Erindale Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 461 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Thorne Lodge Park, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Thorne Lodge Park, Erindale
Identifier: RP0143
Date of Original Photo: 1991
Date Built: ca 1960s
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Parks -- Ontario -- Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Recreation and Parks, Community Services
Location: 2405 Homelands Drive, Plan 732 BLK B

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2405 Homelands Drive, Plan 732 BLK B. Thorne Lodge Park was opened about 1965 and most likely named after the nearby street, Thorne Lodge Drive. The name comes from the former estate, Thorne Lodge, which was situated at Conc 1 SDS, Lot 32. Thorne Lodge was built in 1821 for Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Adamson, on 200 acres near the Credit River, between Dundas Street and the Middle Road (Queen Elizabeth Way), in the area later known as Sheridan Homelands. It was originally called Toronto House, then Thorne Lodge, from the hawthorn trees brought from England and planted there. General Adamson┐s brother, Dr Joseph Adamson, the first doctor in Peel County, practised medicine there. The house was destroyed by fire in 1965. Description as of December 2019.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8853