Manufactures and transit authorities are continually developing new features to reduce the number of injuries occurring on a transit bus while at the same time providing mass transit at an affordable cost. This is sometimes very challenging.
Although falls on a transit bus are uncommon, they can occur as a result of emergency stops, weather conditions or vehicle collisions. You should take the following precautions to ensure that you do not fall and become injured:
- Hold on to a bar, pole, or seat
- If you are elderly or handicapped, use the designated seats provided
- Ensure that the bus comes to a complete stop before moving
- Footwear, baggage and strollers are often main contributors to an accident
- Although buses are ventilated and have rubber flooring, pay particular attention to where you are walking
- Report any debris or unusual conditions to the driver
Submit your claim in writing to the City's Risk Management unit using the how to file a claim procedure.
For more information on MiWay visit, www.miway.ca