The application process for obtaining a permit and fire department acceptance for the event involves the following requirements:
- The appropriate application form(s) (see appendix forms below) must be completed by the fireworks setter/supervisor.
- For other than private displays, a certified Fireworks Supervisor or certified Pyrotechnician must be retained for the display event.
- An application fee as outlined in our current Fees and Charges By-law (link is found at the right of this screen) shall be paid for using Class 7.2.5. fireworks or for using Class 7.2.1. & 7.2.2. (payable to the City of Mississauga); must accompany applications prior to processing.
- Applications must be submitted 14 days in advance of the event date to allow for processing.
- Proof of $5,000,000.00 - (five million dollars) liability insurance naming the City of Mississauga as a co-insured, to cover a public display event.
- A letter of consent from the property owner, if owned by other than the applicant.
- A photocopy of the Fireworks Supervisor/Pyrotechnician Card bearing the name and expiry date corresponding to the applicant who must be the firing supervisor.
- A diagram showing site location, with dimensions indicating the firing area, set back distances from spectator barricade locations, clearance to any street, building, structure, overhead obstructions or tree/shrub.
- Applications must identify proposed methods of extinguishment to be made available during the event.
- For events where facility parking lots are to be used, no obstruction of a required fire access route shall be permitted.
- If display events are proposed for indoor venues, no fire or life safety system shall be impaired/disabled without permission of the Chief Fire Official.
Link to Forms:
Appendix "A" - Application to Purchase Class 7.2.2 High Hazard Fireworks for recreation.
Appendix "B" - Application for Fireworks Display Permit.
Appendix "C" - Application for subdivision 1 of Class 7, Division 2 Fireworks Permit.
(Please refer to Fireworks Bylaw #0293-2001 & 0340-2001)
Completed application forms, documentation and associated fee, should be mailed to the following address at least 14 days prior to the event.
City of Mississauga
Fire Prevention, 2nd floor
300 City Centre Drive
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1
For additional information please contact the Fire Prevention Section of Mississauga Fire & Emergency Services 905-896-5908 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.