Friends of the Mississauga Library System's main purpose is to promote literacy and extend the programs and services of the library system within the community.
This mission is achieved by the following types of activities:
- mounting advocacy campaigns;
- raising funds from private sources;
- providing volunteer labour;
- creating a program for membership development;
- supplementing library programs and services.
Fund raising is not a purpose but rather one activity that serves to fulfil the main organizational purpose - service to the Library and the community.
Friends of the Mississauga Library System