COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Industries Gallery
Displaying image 64 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Lakeview Generating Station
  View Full size image
Title: Lakeview Generating Station
Identifier: RP0134
Date of Original Photo: ca 1990
Date Built: 1962
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Electric power plants -- Ontario -- Mississauga
Donor: Recreation and Parks, Community Services
Location: 800 Hydro Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 800 Hydro Road. The coal-fired Lakeview Generating Station was opened by Premier John Robarts on June 20, 1962. At that time it was expected to have a generating capacity equal to Ontario Hydro's two major Niagara River developments and was expected to cost an estimated $217,000,000. Construction of the Lakeview station on 120 acres of lakefront land in Toronto Township, on the former site of the Long Branch Rifle Range, began in June 1958. The four chimneys of the Lakeview Station, 500 feet tall, known as "The Four Sisters", could be seen for long distances on Lake Ontario. The Station was closed on April 30, 2005 by the Ontario Government, after 43 years of service. This view of the Lakeview Generatin Station could be seen from the Adamson Estate. Description as of November 2017.
Agency: Mississauga Library System