Libraries Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 117 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Orange Hall, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Orange Hall, Port Credit
Identifier: HA0035
Date Built: 1914
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: Stavebank Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Orange Hall was originally situated on the Lakeshore Road opposite the old Rifle Range. In 1875 it was moved to Stavebank Road, Port Credit, on the site of the present Presbyterian Church. When the new Orange Hall was built in 1914, the building became the Port Credit Municipal Building, housing the Council Chambers and Police Court. In 1927, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built, and the old hall was moved behind the fire hall and used as a library. It had been given by the Church to the Library Board on the condition that it be moved from the church property. The Port Credit Council paid to move the building to Stavebank Road behind the fire hall, and the Port Credit Library remained in this location for almost thirty years. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850