Libraries Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 25 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson Lorne Park Branch, 1974
Identifier: P784
Date of Original Photo: 1974
Date Built: 1967
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Public libraries - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 1474 Truscott Drive

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: In 1966 plans were made to build three Centennial branches at Malton, Lakeview and Lorne Park. Lorne Park, which was built in the Whiteoaks Park area on Truscott Drive, was renamed the Clarkson Lorne Park Branch, combining the Clarkson and Lorne Park branches. (Clarkson Branch was destroyed by fire in 1964, and another branch, at first known as Western and then renamed Park Royal, was opened in the Park Royal Plaza in November 1964.) In April 1974, an extension to the Clarkson Lorne Park centennial branch was opened by Mayor Martin Dobkin, and in 1998 the decision was made to change the name of the Clarkson Lorne Park branch back to Lorne Park and to rename the Park Royal branch Clarkson Branch.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850