Libraries Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 49 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Malton Centennial Branch Library Staff
Identifier: N868
Date of Original Photo: 1974
Date Built: 1967
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Public libraries - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 3500 Morningstar Drive

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Malton library was begun in 1948 as an association library, and in 1957 joined the Township of Toronto Public Library. As there was no branch large enough at first the community was served by the bookmobile. In July 1962, the Malton Branch of Toronto Township Library opened in leased quarters in the Patchett Building at 2885 Derry Road East. The branch then had an average circulation of 2,200 books a month, and was open for 12 hours a week. By March 1967 the Toronto Township Council had committed to building three new Branches as a Centennial project, one of which was on Morningstar Drive in the Westwood subdivision of Malton. In 1977 the library moved to the new combined Library and Community Centre at 3540 Morningstar Drive, next to the little Centennial branch, which still serves the public as a day-care centre.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850