Libraries Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 61 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Meadowvale Village Library
Identifier: P822
Date of Original Photo: 1975
Date Built: 1871
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Public libraries - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 6970 Second Line West, pt. Lot 10 E1/2, Conc 3 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This building is now the Meadowvale Village Community Centre, but was the Meadowvale Village Library for a while. The first library in Meadowvale Village opened on November 1, 1929 in a small cabin which had originally been part of a skating rink. The cabin was moved to Mill Street to a property acquired by the Meadowvale Women's Institute. In 1948 the library building was renovated and enlarged and in 1957 the library voted to join the Toronto Township Public Library. In 1973 the library moved into the Meadowvale Village Community Centre and until 1983 it operated as a deposit library only, serviced once a week by the Bookmobile. The building is located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation Area and is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850