Libraries Gallery

Library service began long before the start of the present Mississauga Library. In 1854 a Farmers' and Mechanics' Institute was formed in Streetsville. It became the Streetsville Library in 1895. The Port Credit library began a year later in 1896 and there was mention of a library in Lorne Park as early as 1903. In 1956 residents of Toronto Township voted in favour of the establishment of the Toronto Township Public Library which eventually became the Mississauga Library System.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca

 IMAGE GALLERY  
151 Images found: Page   1  |    2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |  8  |     View All
   
Streetsville Village Hall (former Streetsville Public Library)
Streetsville Village Hall (former Streetsville Public Library)
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto Township Public Library Board, Cooksville
Toronto Township Public Library Board, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

View of the Central Library From the 10th Floor Civic Centre, 1989
View of the Central Library From the 10th Floor Civic Centre, 1989
View enlarged image
and image details

William G. Davis at the Opening of Malton Branch Library.
William G. Davis at the Opening of Malton Branch Library.
View enlarged image
and image details

Woodlands Branch, 1978
Woodlands Branch, 1978
View enlarged image
and image details

Woodlands Branch Library, 1982
Woodlands Branch Library, 1982
View enlarged image
and image details

Woodlands Branch Library, Fall 1978
Woodlands Branch Library, Fall 1978
View enlarged image
and image details

Woodlands Branch Library, Sign, 1977
Woodlands Branch Library, Sign, 1977
View enlarged image
and image details

Woodlands Branch Library, Summer
Woodlands Branch Library, Summer
View enlarged image
and image details

Woodlands Branch Library, Winter
Woodlands Branch Library, Winter
View enlarged image
and image details

Woodlands Branch Library Official Opening, 1975
Woodlands Branch Library Official Opening, 1975
View enlarged image
and image details


pcomapp01:8850