Local Government Gallery

The area we now know as the City of Mississauga was originally called Toronto Township and was settled in 1805 after officials from York (now Toronto) purchased 84,000 acres of land from the Mississauga Indians for 1,000. As settlers moved to the area various communities were formed, including Clarkson, Cooksville, Dixie, Erindale, Port Credit, Summerville, Streetsville, Meadowvale, Malton, and Burnhamthorpe. In 1968 these communities, except for Streetsville and Port Credit who kept their own municipal councils, amalgamated to form the Town of Mississauga. In 1974 Mississauga was incorporated as a city with the inclusion of Port Credit and Streetsville.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca

 IMAGE GALLERY  
131 Images found: Page   1  |  2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |     View All
   
Mary Fix, Cooksville
Mary Fix, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, in Mary Fix Park, Port Credit
Mary Fix, in Mary Fix Park, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, and an unidentified man, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, and an unidentified man, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead, William Courtney and Arthur Kennedy, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead and William Courtney, Cooksville
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead and William Courtney, Cooksville
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead and William Courtney, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead and William Courtney, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead and William Courtney, Lakeview
Mary Fix, Norman Goodhead and William Courtney, Lakeview
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix, Ottawa
Mary Fix, Ottawa
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix and Cyril Clark
Mary Fix and Cyril Clark
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix and Daschund
Mary Fix and Daschund
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix and Delegation Present Petition to Minister of Municipal Affairs, 1952
Mary Fix and Delegation Present Petition to Minister of Municipal Affairs, 1952
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix and Henry Rutherford
Mary Fix and Henry Rutherford
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix and Rev. Robert Oliver
Mary Fix and Rev. Robert Oliver
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix and Robert Speck
Mary Fix and Robert Speck
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix at a Dinner and Reception for Warden Lou Parsons
Mary Fix at a Dinner and Reception for Warden Lou Parsons
View enlarged image
and image details

Mary Fix at the Official Opening of St. Lawrence Cement Plant, Clarkson
Mary Fix at the Official Opening of St. Lawrence Cement Plant, Clarkson
View enlarged image
and image details

pcomapp01:8851