Malton Gallery

The village of Malton was originally settled in 1820. In 1856 the Peel Council chose Malton as the county seat, but when a vote was held the final bid went to Brampton instead. In 1937 the Toronto Harbour Commission expropriated thirteen farms for an airport (now Pearson International Airport), and Malton's economy gradually shifted from agricultural to industrial. With the arrival of the National Steel Car Company in 1938, Malton became a major aeronautical manufacturing centre, the home of the Avro Arrow.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca  

 IMAGE GALLERY  
313 Images found: Page   1  |    2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |    8  |    9  |    10  |    11  |    12  |    13  |    14  |    15  |  16  |     View All
   
Toronto International Airport, Malton
Toronto International Airport, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto International Airport, Malton
Toronto International Airport, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

Toronto International Airport, Malton
Toronto International Airport, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

Trinity United Cemetery, Malton
Trinity United Cemetery, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

Trinity United Cemetery, Malton
Trinity United Cemetery, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

Trinity United Church,  1872-1949, Malton
Trinity United Church, 1872-1949, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

Trinity United Church, Malton
Trinity United Church, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

Trinity United Church, Malton
Trinity United Church, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

United Church Manse, Malton
United Church Manse, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

United Church Manse, Malton
United Church Manse, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

United Church Manse, Malton
United Church Manse, Malton
View enlarged image
and image details

View of the Area After the Malton Gas Fire, 1969
View of the Area After the Malton Gas Fire, 1969
View enlarged image
and image details

William G. Davis at the Opening of Malton Branch Library.
William G. Davis at the Opening of Malton Branch Library.
View enlarged image
and image details


pcomapp02:8851