Please be advised that the City of Mississauga has formally withdrawn its Notice of Study Completion for the Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) including Preliminary Design for the section of McLaughlin Road from Bristol Road West to Britannia Road West. This project followed the planning and design process for ‘Schedule C’ projects as outlined in the Municipal Engineers Association "Municipal Class Environmental Assessment", (October 2000, as amended in 2011) which is an approved process under the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act.
The study was undertaken to investigate the need for additional north-south capacity and traffic management improvements along this section of McLaughlin Road, while taking into consideration the Scenic Route designation, adjacent land use, and City plans for a cycling route and streetscape improvement opportunities. It followed a comprehensive, sound and open planning process with three formal public meetings (January 29, 2013; March 5, 2014; and May 9, 2015) to discuss the multi-modal transportation needs of the corridor.
On January 14, 2016, the City of Mississauga issued the Notice of Study Completion for the review of the final Environmental Study Report (ESR). On Wednesday, February 24, 2016, a resolution was passed by the City of Mississauga Council indicating that the McLaughlin Road improvements project, from Bristol Road West to Britannia Road West, be removed from the City’s Capital Program for the lifespan of the Class EA documentation (10 years). As a result, the City is formally withdrawing its Notice of Study Completion for the Class EA Study.
Environmental Study Report
- Notice of Study Completion
- Community Workshop 3 Summary Report - Posted on August 27, 2015
- Community Workshop 3 Presentation - Posted on May 11, 2015
- Community Workshop Registration Notice - Posted on March 31, 2015
- Project Status
- PIC#2 Display Boards – Posted on March 6, 2014
- PIC#2 Comment Sheet – Posted on March 6, 2014
- Alternative Design Concepts – Posted on March 6, 2014
- Preferred Alternative Design Concept – Posted on March 6, 2014
- Notice of Public Information Centre #2 - March 5, 2014
- PIC #1 Display Board - January 30, 2013
- PIC #1 Comment Sheet - January 30, 2013
- Notice of Public Information Centre #1 - January 29, 2013
- Notice of Study Commencement - September 26, 2012