Noise Attenuation Barriers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
How do I qualify under the City's retrofit program?
For a property to qualify, it must meet the following criteria: a) currently does not have a barrier and the backyard must be adjacent to a major road; b) meets specific criteria outlined by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment in relation to noise levels; c) a minimum of two-thirds (66%) of the property owners must show their support through a petition process; d) subject to the City's Corporate Policy titled, 'Noise Attenuation Barriers on Major Roadways' #09-03-03.
Related FAQ's
Where are noise barriers typically located?
What does a noise barrier look like?
Do I have a privacy fence or a noise barrier?
How can I verify ownership of a noise barrier on my property?
Why is my existing noise barrier on my property?
How do I qualify under the City's noise barrier replacement program?
How do I qualify under the City's retrofit program?
What if two-thirds (66%) "in-favour" through the petition process is not achieved?
Why is my noise barrier not being replaced, while others are?
Can I replace my own noise barrier?
Who has made some of the repairs to exiting noise barriers?
How is the height of the new noise barrier determined?
If I agree to a new noise barrier, and sell my property, who continues to pay?
Is the interest rate, under the amortization payment option, fixed or variable?
14 Items found.

More FAQ's: