The Region of Peel is offering low to moderate income individuals and families; seniors, age 65 or older; and persons with disabilities; the opportunity to apply for homeowner funding of up to $15,000 to address safety and accessibility concerns to renovate or repair an existing second unit.
- age 65 or older and persons with disabilities
- annual household income of no more than $60,000 gross income
- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Own your own home in Peel, with a maximum value of:
* Brampton: $487,165
* Caledon: $685,189
* Mississauga: $546,203
- Require renovations or repairs in at least one of the following areas: accessibility, safety, structural, electrical, plumbing or heating
This program offers funding of up to $15,000
**First-come, first-served basis. Applications will not be accepted after the funding has run out**.
The program is closed for 2018 and new applications are not being accepted at this time.
This program was created to help seniors who have no dental insurance and cannot afford the cost of dental care. The program provides basic dental services to low income seniors who qualify. This program does not cover all dental services and it is not an insurance plan. It provides basic dental care including cleanings, fillings, dentures, etc.
To be eligible, seniors must meet all sixcriteria:
1. Be 65 or older;
2. Live in Brampton, Caledon or Mississauga;
3. Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
4. Have no access to any form of dental coverage including:
- government programs such as Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP);
- Ontario Works (OW) and Non-insured Health Benefits;
5. Have no previous dental care that was paid for by the Region of Peel's
Senior's Dental Program;
6. Have an income of less than $20,998* for one person household or $25,555**
for a two person household (effective July 1, 2018).
Can only enroll in the Region of Peel Seniors' Dental Program once in a lifetime.