King's Cemetery is located at 7085 Dixie Road, on the East side, North of Derry Road East. It was established in 1832, following the generous donation of one half acre of land by Charles King.
The land was part of an original 100 acre patent from the Crown. In 1868, Charles King sold his land to Robert Craig, who in 1869 sold the half acre in the south west half of Lot 11 collectively to Henry King, Robert McLeod, James Jackson, Edwards McBride, Charles Irvine and James Savage.
|First Burial on Record:
|Acres of Land:
|Approximate # of Burials:
Preserving the Early History of Mississauga
The cemetery was originally known as King's Burying Ground. In 2000, King's Cemetery was designated as a Historical Site under the Ontario Heritage Act for its historical and contextual significance. King Cemetery is a model for cemetery maintenance as mulched beds protect grave markers and historical aspects of the cemetery. The additional walkways and stepping stones and mulch help give access to grave marker stones as well.