Port Credit Gallery
Displaying image 464 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Motor Sales & Machinery Co., Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Motor Sales & Machinery Co., Port Credit
Identifier: HA0078
Date Built: ca 1920s
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: Lakeshore Road, between Pine and Maple Avenues

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Motor Sales & Machinery Company was built by Hill in the 1920s and was also known as Hill's Garage. It was located on the south side of Lakeshore Road between Pine and Maple Avenues. The properties along the south side of Lakeshore Road, from Joseph Street (Mississauga Road South) to Ben Machree Drive were owned by the four H's: M. J. Haney who owned the Port Credit Brickyard, his son-in-law, Hoyt, Mr. Hill, and A. M. Hobberlin. The garage burned down on December 17, 1950. At the time it was owned by Mr. Crashley. Fire Chief, Bob McKee, wrote in his log: "Lakeshore West and Pine Avenue. Port Credit Motor Sales. 3:30 a.m. Garage showroom, cars and trucks completely destroyed . Damage was $85,000." From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System