Port Credit Gallery
Displaying image 409 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
  View Full size image
Title: Methodist Church, Port Credit
Identifier: A121
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1894
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Harold Hare

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Photograph of second Methodist church, Lakeshore Road, 151 Lakeshore Road West, Plan 300W, pt. Lot 9, pt. Lot 10. The original structure, a small red-brick building, was the second Methodist Church and was built in 1894. It was built on the site of the first Methodist Church, (1838), which was moved to Port Street and is now the Masonic Hall. After Church Union in 1925 this became the First United Church. In 1950, when the population of Port Credit had increased a third much larger United Church was built of stone on to the second church. To match this new building, the red bricks of the old church were covered with stone and the steeple was taken down. The original church is now used as a chapel. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System