Port Credit Gallery
Displaying image 169 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
First United Church, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: First United Church, Port Credit
Identifier: G593
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1894
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 151 Lakeshore Road West, Plan 300W, Pt. Lot 9, pt. Lot 10

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 151 Lakeshore Road West. Plan 300W, pt. Lot 9, pt. Lot 10. The original structure, a small red-brick building, was the second Methodist Church and was built in 1894. It was built on the site of the first Methodist Church, which was moved to Port Street and is now the Masonic Hall. After Church Union in 1925 this became the First United Church. In 1950, when the population of Port Credit had increased a third much larger United Church was built of stone on to the second church. To match this new building, the red bricks of the old church were covered with stone and the steeple was taken down. The original church is now used as a chapel. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and located within the Old Port Credit Village Heritage Conservation District. Description as of April 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System