Port Credit Gallery

The Mississauga Indians had an encampment at the mouth of the Credit River and it was here that a French trading post was established about 1720. After the French occupation the British took over the area and purchased land from the Mississaugas. The village of Port Credit was laid out around 1834 and the area began to develop as a trading, fishing and shipping centre. The St. Lawrence Starch Company factory opened in 1889. In the 1930s Lloyd Refineries built an oil refinery in Port Credit which eventually became Texaco Canada Ltd. Port Credit was incorporated as a town in 1961 and amalgamated with the City of Mississauga in 1974.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca

 IMAGE GALLERY Search Images   
960 Images found: Page   1  |    2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |    8  |    9  |    10  |    11  |    12  |    13  |    14  |    15  |    16  |    17  |    18  |    19  |    20  |    21  |    22  |    23  |    24  |    25  |    26  |    27  |    28  |  29  |    30  |    31  |    32  |    33  |    34  |    35  |    36  |    37  |    38  |    39  |    40  |    41  |    42  |    43  |    44  |    45  |    46  |    47  |    48  |     View All
   
Port Credit Brickyard
Port Credit Brickyard
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Brickyard
Port Credit Brickyard
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Brick Yard
Port Credit Brick Yard
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Cenotaph
Port Credit Cenotaph
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Cenotaph
Port Credit Cenotaph
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Cenotaph
Port Credit Cenotaph
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Cenotaph
Port Credit Cenotaph
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Cenotaph, East View
Port Credit Cenotaph, East View
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1923
Port Credit Council, 1923
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1947
Port Credit Council, 1947
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1959-1960
Port Credit Council, 1959-1960
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1959-1960
Port Credit Council, 1959-1960
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1961-1963
Port Credit Council, 1961-1963
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1964-1965
Port Credit Council, 1964-1965
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1966-1967
Port Credit Council, 1966-1967
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1966-1967
Port Credit Council, 1966-1967
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1968-1969
Port Credit Council, 1968-1969
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1970-1971
Port Credit Council, 1970-1971
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Council, 1972-1973
Port Credit Council, 1972-1973
View enlarged image
and image details

Port Credit Fire Station #104
Port Credit Fire Station #104
View enlarged image
and image details

pcomapp02:8850