Port Credit Gallery

The Mississauga Indians had an encampment at the mouth of the Credit River and it was here that a French trading post was established about 1720. After the French occupation the British took over the area and purchased land from the Mississaugas. The village of Port Credit was laid out around 1834 and the area began to develop as a trading, fishing and shipping centre. The St. Lawrence Starch Company factory opened in 1889. In the 1930s Lloyd Refineries built an oil refinery in Port Credit which eventually became Texaco Canada Ltd. Port Credit was incorporated as a town in 1961 and amalgamated with the City of Mississauga in 1974.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca

 IMAGE GALLERY Search Images   
960 Images found: Page   1  |    2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |    8  |    9  |    10  |    11  |    12  |    13  |    14  |    15  |    16  |    17  |    18  |    19  |    20  |    21  |    22  |    23  |    24  |    25  |    26  |    27  |    28  |    29  |    30  |    31  |    32  |    33  |    34  |    35  |    36  |    37  |    38  |    39  |    40  |    41  |    42  |  43  |    44  |    45  |    46  |    47  |    48  |     View All
   
Texaco Refinery Offices, Port Credit
Texaco Refinery Offices, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Texaco Service Station, Port Credit
Texaco Service Station, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

The Old Credit Mission
The Old Credit Mission
View enlarged image
and image details

Thomas Ingersoll’s Accounts, Port Credit
Thomas Ingersoll’s Accounts, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thomas Ingersoll’s Accounts, Port Credit
Thomas Ingersoll’s Accounts, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thomas Residence, Port Credit
Thomas Residence, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson House, Old Fort, Port Credit
Thompson House, Old Fort, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Clay Pipe, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Clay Pipe, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Clay Pipe, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Clay Pipe, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Front Façade, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Front Façade, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Old Fort, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Old Fort, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Tomiuk Residence, Port Credit
Tomiuk Residence, Port Credit
View enlarged image
and image details

Tommy Neil & Tom Clancy in Front of Dubbs Control Panel
Tommy Neil & Tom Clancy in Front of Dubbs Control Panel
View enlarged image
and image details

pcomapp02:8850