Railways Gallery
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 15 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson Railway Station, 1962
Identifier: BA0003
Date of Original Photo: 1962
Date Built: 1853
Image Type: B&W Photo, 9x7.5 cm
Subject: Railroad stations - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The railway station was originally located on the north side of the railway tracks, behind the store and Post Office on Clarkson Road. The railway secured right-of-way across Warren Clarkson’s lots in 1853. It brought commerce to local fruit and vegetable farmers. Corn, apples and especially strawberries were produced in Clarkson. The corner of Clarkson’s property, later purchased by the Great Western Railway, became known as Clarkson’s Corner. The railway siding carried the same name. The apostrophe in Clarkson’s was removed from the sign in 1956, although Corner had long since disappeared. A view of the station in 1962.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851