- A valid Mississauga Library card is required to use Library computers. If you do not have a Library card or have forgotten your card, a fee will be charged to issue you a temporary barcode number and PIN which will be required to log on to a Library computer.
- A reservation is not required to use the computer. Having a reservation guarantees the computer is available when you want it.
- Reservations can be made from any computer that has Internet capability or from the catalogue computers in the Library.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Each type of computer; 15 minute, 30 minute or 60 minute can be reserved once per day. Not all library locations have three different computer types.
- The computer will be held for you for 10 minutes after the start of your reserved time. If you have reserved a 15 minute computer, the computer will be held for 5 minutes.
- To protect your session when picking up print jobs, etc. click on the "Take a Break" button. "Take a Break" will not allow other customers to see your work. You must return to the computer within the time indicated in the "Take a Break" message and enter your PIN in the designated space. Note: this option is not available when the computer is in session extension.
- You can continue to use the computer after your reservation provided no one else has reserved it.
- You will be given notice to prepare for log off if the computer you are using is reserved for someone after you. The computer will then reboot automatically.
- Customers with outstanding fines over $20 will not be able to use the computers until fines are cleared.