Road Resurfacing Program
The City of Mississauga uses a pavement information system to determine which streets will be resurfaced in any given year. Pavement conditions, pavement age, traffic volumes, timely maintenance and work are all monitored and ultimately influence the timing and need for road rehabilitation projects.
If your street has been selected for resurfacing, you will receive a hand-delivered Road Resurfacing Program Notice approximately two weeks before construction begins. The work on each street will take about six to eight weeks from start to finish. Construction will take place in stages and there may be delays between each stage.
For more information on:
- Construction, see the Road Resurfacing Program Notice.
- The current (this year only) road resurfacing program, call 905-615-3200 Ext.5184.
- Future road resurfacing programs, call 905-615-3200 Ext. 3156.
Please note that streets could be added to or deleted from the program without prior notice from the City.
Driveway Widening Boulevard Portion Only
If you wish to modify the access to the driveway boulevard or widen the curb cut, please complete an Access Modification Application Form and submit it to:
Transportation & Works Customer Service Counter
3185 Mavis Road, 1st Floor
Between 8.30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., (Monday to Friday)
- The completed application form must be submitted within two (2) business days of receipt of the construction notice. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applications are subject to approval based on the Mississauga Zoning By-law.
- A fee will be charged based on the amount of work required plus an administration fee.
- No widening will be done on patterned concrete, lock stone driveways or streets with ditches.
Planning to repave, widen or repair your driveway?
Before undertaking any driveway repairs or alterations, contact us to see if there are future plans to have your street resurfaced by calling 905-615-3200 ext. 3156. If your street is scheduled for resurfacing, please avoid any construction until after the road has been resurfaced.
Please note that a driveway widening must meet the City's Zoning By-law. For more information on zoning, contact 3-1-1 (905-615-4311 outside city limits) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.