Streetsville Gallery
Displaying image 192 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
Identifier: PH2490
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1908
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 201 Queen Street S., Plan STR 4 Lot 2

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 201 Queen Street S. Plan STR, 4, Lot 2. This was the original site of the Globe Hotel, which had previously been the Stephens House. The Stephens House was bought by William Harris in 1857 and by 1859 it was described in the Tremaine Map of Peel County as the Globe Hotel. The hotel was destroyed by fire in 1876 and the current structure on the site was built by George Darker in 1908. The building is used for both commercial and residential purposes and is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System