Streetsville Gallery

This village was named after Timothy Street, who with Richard Bristol carried out the survey of the area in 1818. Street himself acquired 1000 acres and set up a mill, tannery and distillery by about 1819. By 1829 Streetsville had a post office and more mills were built, including the Toronto Woollen Mills owned by the Barber Brothers. In 1858 Streetsville was incorporated as a village and in 1962 became a town with a population of 5,000. In 1974 Streetsville became part of the City of Mississauga. It is home to the largest concentration of historic buildings in the City.

If you have any questions about the Library images, please contact:

Arts & History Department
Mississauga Central Library
905-615-3500 x3660
library.history@mississauga.ca

 IMAGE GALLERY Search Images   
918 Images found: Page   1  |    2  |    3  |    4  |    5  |    6  |    7  |    8  |    9  |  10  |    11  |    12  |    13  |    14  |    15  |    16  |    17  |    18  |    19  |    20  |    21  |    22  |    23  |    24  |    25  |    26  |    27  |    28  |    29  |    30  |    31  |    32  |    33  |    34  |    35  |    36  |    37  |    38  |    39  |    40  |    41  |    42  |    43  |    44  |    45  |    46  |     View All
   
Crozier Residence, Barn, Streetsville
Crozier Residence, Barn, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Crozier Residence, Gable, Streetsville
Crozier Residence, Gable, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Crozier Residence, Garage, Streetsville
Crozier Residence, Garage, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Crozier Residence, Streetsville
Crozier Residence, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Crozier Residence, Streetsville
Crozier Residence, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Crozier Residence, Streetsville
Crozier Residence, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Cutting Ice on the P.U.C. Dam, Streetsville
Cutting Ice on the P.U.C. Dam, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Damanioff Residence, Streetsville
Damanioff Residence, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Dam near Streetsville
Dam near Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Darius Street, 1829-
Darius Street, 1829-
View enlarged image
and image details

Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
Darker's Barber Shop, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Douglass-Turney House, Front Porch, Streetsville
Douglass-Turney House, Front Porch, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Douglass-Turney House, Streetsville
Douglass-Turney House, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Douglass-Turney House, Streetsville
Douglass-Turney House, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Dowling Farm Silo
Dowling Farm Silo
View enlarged image
and image details

Dr. John Barnhart, Streetsville
Dr. John Barnhart, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Dr. John Crumbie, Streetsville
Dr. John Crumbie, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

Dr. John Crumbie, Streetsville
Dr. John Crumbie, Streetsville
View enlarged image
and image details

pcomapp01:8851