COVID-19: latest updates on the City's response and service impacts
Traffic Operations
Featured Article
Street Party Permits

Street Parties

The Transportation and Works Department will issue a permit (free of charge) for the closure of a local residential roadway for a period of less than 10 hours.

The following must be submitted to the Traffic Operations Section four (4) weeks prior to the event:

*cover letter with a contact name, address and phone number
*date of event
*start and finish time of the event
*signed petition by at least 80% of the residents directly effected by the road closure indicating their support - see sample of petition that may be used
(To view this link (PDF) you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader - download Adobe Acrobat for free!)

Once this information is received by the Traffic Operations Section and approved, a confirmation letter will be sent to you via email indicating the requirements needed to obtain the approved permit.

Once you receive the confirmation letter via email, you will need to do the following:

- Residents are required to purchase liability insurance through the City. Insurance can be purchased by calling the Customer Service Department at 905-615-4100 (select Option #2).

- Once insurance is purchased, you can email a copy of the insurance to

- A Road Occupancy Permit and General Conditions will then be emailed for your signature.

- Residents will then be required to make an appointment to pick up the road closure barricades (free of charge).

Should you require any further information, please call 3-1-1 or if outside city limits please call 905-615-4311.


Street Parties Contact
905-615-3200 ext. 3638

Safe Driving
More Informative Links
2019 Street Guide Available
Find any Mississauga street using the Street Guide
Buy the 2019 Street Guide ($15.75) from our eCity store or from two of our City locations. Phone 905-615-3200 ext. 3347 for more information.
  Street Guide