Mississauga Urban Design Advisory Panel
The City of Mississauga established the Mississauga Urban Design Advisory Panel (MUDAP) in 2007. The role of MUDAP is to provide professional, objective advice to City staff on matters of design that affect the public realm, architecture, context sensitivity and sustainability which better complies with the council approved Official Plan and relevant design guidelines.
The Panel is made up of 14 independent design professionals consisting of architects, landscape architects, and a transportation specialist who volunteer their expertise operating in a peer review capacity, for various development proposals submitted by the Planning and Building Department for approval. To view their profiles, please click here.
Panel Meeting Procedure
When an Urban Design Advisory Panel Meeting is required as part of a development application, please follow the steps listed below.
- Read the Terms of Reference
- Check the upcoming Meeting Schedule & Submission Deadlines
- Contact the Panel Coordinator to confirm attendance and the submission requirements
- Send your team attendance to the Panel Coordinator three (3) weeks before the submission deadline, identify who will present
- The agenda with time and location of your presentation will be emailed to you two (2) weeks before the meeting
- Send eight (8) hard copies of your submission, one (1) digital copy, and the signed waiver before 4:30 pm on the submission deadline to the Panel Coordinator
- Send your presentation two (2) business days before your scheduled meeting
- Attend the meeting arriving five (5) minutes before your scheduled time, your presentation will be preloaded on the City’s computer
- Meeting Minutes with panel recommendations will be sent to you two weeks or more after the meeting
- Follow-up with the assigned Planning & Building Planner to review the recommendations after the minutes are received
For additional information, please contact:
Mike Votruba, OAA, MRAIC, LEED AP
Planning and Building Department
Phone: 905-615-3200 ext. 5759