Maps, Data and Reports
City Stormwater Infrastructure Assets
To manage rainfall and melted snow, the City of Mississauga operates and maintains a complex system of stormwater infrastructure from the natural watercourses to the engineered pipes, channels, outfalls, wet and dry ponds.
- Mississauga has an area of 292 km squared
- The City’s storm drainage network has a replacement value of $1.8 billion
- Average annual amount of precipitation (rain and snow) in Mississauga is 710 millimetres
- Curb and gutter drains can be found on 90% of streets in Mississauga
- There are over 40,000 roadside catchbasins in Mississauga