The City of Mississauga’s business planning and budget process is one of the most important activities undertaken each year.
The first Budget Committee meeting for the upcoming year will take place on Wednesday, June 26. Staff will present Budget Committee with an overview of the preliminary forecast for the 2020-2023 Business Plan and 2020 Budget. The presentation is an early look at how the City plans to bring in revenue and invest taxpayer dollars to deliver the programs and services residents expect while advancing the Strategic Plan.
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 1 p.m. (following General Committee)
Council Chamber, City Hall – second floor
300 City Centre Dr.
Have your say:
The budget process is transparent and invites public feedback on City programs and services. To provide input:
- Attend Budget Committee meetings in person and comment or ask questions during the public question period
- Email your questions or comments to email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and post about the Budget using the hashtag #SaugaBudget
- Follow the process through news updates from Mayor and Members of Council
Get involved in the budget process:
Finance staff will outline the City’s current and projected finances and provide a schedule for public engagement and future Budget Committee meetings.
Your voice matters. During meetings, the public is welcome to ask questions and comment on the proposed spending. You can attend meetings in person, watch the live stream, or review meetings at your convenience from our video archive.
Budget Committee meetings will continue in the fall with detailed discussions on current service levels, cost pressures, efficiencies and new initiatives. Following Committee discussions and public input, Council will vote on the proposed budget in December.
The meetings will include:
- 2020-2023 Business Plan and overview of the 2020 Budget
- Presentations from service areas
- Input from residents and other stakeholders
Budget Committee meeting topics, dates and times
Note: Budget Committee meeting schedules are subject to change.
See the Council and Committee Calendar Listings for the latest information.
Budget Overview *Public Question Period
- Wednesday, June 26 at 1 p.m.
Fees and Charges *Public Question Period
- Wednesday, October 2 at 1 p.m.
Service Area Presentations *Public Question Period
- Monday, November 18 at 9 a.m. Tuesday, November 19 at 9 a.m.
- Monday, November 25 at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 26 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 27 at 9a.m.
Target for Budget Approval *Public Question Period
- Wednesday, December 11 at 9 a.m.
*Public Question Period runs for a total of 15 minutes and each person can speak for five minutes in total. If you would like to speak at a Budget Committee meeting, please complete the Request to Speak form.