Service area presentations and highlights are posted below. More details are available in each presentation.
The Stormwater Service Area Presentation and remaining Budget Committee Agenda is scheduled to follow the November 20, 2019 meeting of Council after 1 p.m.
Council is scheduled to approve the proposed 2020 Business Plan and Budget on December 4.
Mississauga’s transit service works to deliver customer-focused transit service that offers safe, accessible and efficient transportation options for all citizens.
- Continuing MiWay service growth, adding 32,600 service hours, providing some new services, streamlining routes, integrating transit hubs, improving off-peak service levels and addressing overcrowding on existing routes
Fire and Emergency services provides: Public Education, Code Enforcement, Fire Plans Examination, Emergency Dispatch, Emergency Response, Fire Cause Determination
- Implementation of public education programs and proactive fire and life safety inspection programs
Roads services work to plan, develop, construct and maintain a multi-modal transportation system which efficiently and safely moves people and goods, respects the environment and supports the development of Mississauga as a 21st Century city, while serving the municipality’s social, economic and physical needs.
- Implementing the Council approved Transportation Master Plan (TMP) and its Action Plan including the Vision Zero Program Leader position
Culture Services supports growth of the film and television industry in Mississauga and delivers community development, arts and culture programs, grants and marketing. Culture and Heritage Planning is responsible for heritage planning, culture planning, public art, policy development and research. Culture facilities managed and operated within Culture Division include: Museums (Bradley, Benares and Leslie Log House), the newly-opened Small Arms Inspection Building, Meadowvale Theatre and Celebration Square. Culture Technical Services supports and executes events at these facilities
- Building Mississauga’s live music sector and supporting and promoting Mississauga’s evolution as a creative city
Recreation services work to keep Mississauga residents healthy active and connected in partnership with the community.
- Opening of the Churchill Meadows Community Centre which includes a triple gymnasium, indoor pool, warm water therapeutic tank, multi-purpose spaces, a teaching kitchen and change rooms servicing the adjacent sports fields and seasonal dome
Parks, Forestry and Environment services work to protect the natural environment and create public spaces to make healthy and happy communities. This service oversees the care of 7,794 acres (3,154 hectares) of parkland and open space.
- Strategic parkland acquisitions in Ninth Line Corridor, Cooksville Neighbourhoods and downtown core
Facility and Property Management works to maintain the City’s infrastructure and support the safety and security of the public and City staff with real property acquisitions, negotiations or agreements, and progresses into planning, design and construction, with consideration for accessibility, space planning and energy conservation.
- Addressing aging infrastructure needs by investing $27 million in Lifecycle renewal and rehabilitation projects
The Information Technology (IT) Service Area has six sections that focus on technology planning, service delivery, support, and operations to enable City services and drive efficiencies.
- Continue to enhance the Cybersecurity Operations Centre (CSOC) with the hiring of an IT Security Specialist and Implement the Smart City Master Plan which uses technology to create sustainable economic development, increase operational efficiency, and improve community life
The Budget Committee meeting schedule may change. Please visit the Council and Committee Calendar Listings for up-to-date information.