Registration begins today for Mississauga’s popular busker program. For the second year in a row, this program will allow artists to animate city streets starting in May.
Twenty-five buskers will be accepted to the program. The cost to register is $35 and those interested in participating must complete and submit a registration form available here.
Once approved, buskers must pick-up their photo ID from Customer Service at Mississauga Central Library, 301 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
Buskers may only perform at official ‘Busk Stops’ between the hours of 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily. Buskers may perform for up to two hours at one stop per day.
Busk Stop locations include:
- Port Credit – 104 Waterfront Trail, Mississauga
- Jack Darling Park – 1180 Lakeshore W., Mississauga
- Mississauga Celebration Square – 300 City Centre Dr., Mississauga
- Streetsville Village Square —1-9 Main St, Mississauga
- Lake Aquitaine Park – Aquitaine Ave., Mississauga
- Paul Coffey Park –3430 Derry Rd. E., Mississauga
Buskers cannot perform during scheduled events at Busk Stops in Port Credit, Celebration Square and Streetsville Village Square.