To achieve compliance with municipal by-laws and provide services in a safe and professional manner to maintain order, safety and community standards in the City.
The services we provide
Regulatory Services responds to service requests from the general public, City staff, the Mayor and Council. Addressing these requests may include investigating the issues, interpreting by-laws and when required, enforcing of these by-laws.
Key services provided include:
- Animal Care
Interesting facts about this service
- More than 52,000 requests for service were received by the Service Area in 2020
- Almost nine per cent of resident requests for service were related to property standards
- 330 cats and 40 dogs were adopted in 2020
- The Service Area adapted to over 20 provincial COVID-19 regulation changes with public education, inspections and enforcement. This included:
- 250,000 proactive inspections of essential and non-essential businesses for compliance
- 8,000 inspections for resident requests for service
- A temporary evening and night enforcement response team, required to respond to more than 50% of total crowd complaints