To achieve compliance with municipal by-laws and provide services in a safe and professional manner to maintain order, safety and community standards in the City.
The services we provide
Regulatory Services responds to service requests from the general public, City staff, the Mayor and Council. Addressing these requests may include investigating the issues, interpretating by-laws and when required, enforcing of these by-laws.
Key services provided include:
- Animal Care
Interesting facts about this service
- More than 53,000 requests for service were received in 2019
- In 2019, 532 cats and dogs were adopted and 523 were returned to their owners
- In 2019, 13,765 inspections were completed on vehicles for hire. This includes transportation network companies like Uber or Lyft, but also taxis, airport transportation vehicles and limousines.
- 1,632 proactive inspections were completed in school zones in the 2019/20 school year, resulting in 1,264 parking tickets to help ensure the safety of children and traffic in the areas surrounding the schools
- In 2019, the City issued 201 licences to eligible charitable or not-for-profit organizations. Licences were approved for bingo, raffles, bazaars and break-open tickets