I/we authorize the City of Mississauga to automatically withdraw monthly regular recurring payments and/or one-time payments from time to time, for payment of all property taxes (including any additional property taxes as noted below) from my/our bank account in accordance with the chosen plan until such time as written notice is provided to the contrary and, I/we will verify against my/our bank account to confirm that withdrawals are being made as directed.
I/we acknowledge that:
- The City of Mississauga will mail interim and final tax bills, showing the amount of each regular debit in respect of property taxes, to the address shown on my/our tax account a minimum of 21 days before the first interim and final withdrawal date.
- If my/our withdrawal date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, payment will be withdrawn on the next business day.
- This agreement is non-transferable and that I/we must submit a new application for any new property acquired in the City of Mississauga.
- I/we may revoke the authorization granted in accordance with this agreement at any time. Notification of changes to bank account, other information or cancellation of this agreement must be made in writing to the City of Mississauga a minimum of 15 business days prior to the next scheduled withdrawal. I/we may obtain a sample cancellation form, or further information on my/our right to cancel this agreement, at my/our financial institution or by visiting www.cdnpay.ca.
- Changes to my/our withdrawal date can only be made effective for a subsequent billing period and that written notification must be submitted to the City of Mississauga by November 1st to alter my/our withdrawal date beginning in the next Interim Billing period and by May 1st to alter my/our withdrawal date beginning in the next Final Billing period.
- Any payments submitted by post-dated cheque will be processed and may alter the amount of my/our future withdrawal(s). Requests for the return of post-dated cheque(s) are subject to a fee in accordance with City by-law and must be made a minimum of three (3) business days prior to the next cheque date.
- If application is being made to begin withdrawals in January, instalments for previous billings with a due date(s) prior to November 1st will not be automatically withdrawn pursuant to this agreement and payment must be remitted separately by me/us by the specified due date(s). Notwithstanding the above, instalments in respect of additional taxes as noted below due after November 1st will be automatically withdrawn from my account.
- If application is being made to begin withdrawals in July, instalments for previous billings with a due date(s) prior to May 1st will not be automatically withdrawn pursuant to this agreement and payment must be remitted separately by me/us by the specified due date(s). Notwithstanding the above, instalments in respect of additional taxes as noted below due after May 1st will be automatically withdrawn from my/our account.
- Additional property taxes resulting from supplementary/omitted assessments pursuant to section 33 or 34 of the Assessment Act and/or assessment changes pursuant to section 32, 39.1, 40 or 46 of the Assessment Act and/or tax appeals pursuant to section 359 or 359.1 of the Municipal Act will be automatically withdrawn on their specified due date(s) and I/we will be notified of the additional withdrawal amount(s) a minimum of 21 days prior to the first withdrawal date.
- The amount of a withdrawal may be reduced as a result of assessment changes pursuant to section 32, 33, 34, 39.1, 40 or 46 of the Assessment Act and/or tax appeals pursuant to section 334, 357 or 358 of the Municipal Act.
- My/our account will be charged a late payment charge and an administrative fee in accordance with City by-laws for payments not cleared by my/our financial institution. If my/our payment is not replaced prior to my/our next withdrawal date, my/our account will be removed from the plan and will revert back to regular instalments.
- Additional charges added to my/our tax account, if any, will not be automatically withdrawn from my/our bank account and payment for such charges must be remitted separately by the specified due date.
- I have certain recourse rights if any debit does not comply with this agreement. For example, I/we have the right to receive reimbursement for any PTP that is not authorized or is not consistent with the PTP agreement. To obtain a form for a Reimbursement Claim or for more information on my/our recourse rights, I/we may contact my/our financial institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca.
I/we hereby agree to all terms and conditions outlined in the Pre-authorized Tax Payment Plan and authorize my/our bank to draw and issue payment payable to Mississauga Taxes for payment of property taxes.