Listed below are instructions that will enable you, the user, to quickly find your way
through the eStore.
Before you start shopping, login to the eCtiy portal by entering a username and
password (top right corner of the screen). If you do not have an eCity portal account,
click on "Register Now" - it is a quick and easy registration process. Once
registered, the eCity account facilitates tracking of orders, updating billing and shipping
information, viewing digital downloads and much more!
How to shop?
1. To access the eStore, Click on "SHOP", located on the top centre of the screen.
The "Feature Items" and the "Item Category" screen is displayed.
2. Below each "Item Category", are subcategories, for example:
"Books" is the category, and "Museums" is a subcategory.
3. Click on the subcategory, to view the various related products available for
sale, for example, click on "Museums" to view the various books (products)
available for sale.
4. Click on the products image, or on the product name, or on the "buy online" link,
to view the details of the product.
How to search for a product?
1. If the name of the product is known, use the "SEARCH FOR PRODUCTS" feature (left
navigation menu of all store pages) to quickly find the product.
2. Enter either the name of the product, or keywords, and click "GO".
3. A list of products that match the criteria is displayed.
4. Select a product from the list by clicking on the product name. The
"Product Detail" page is displayed.
How to add items to the shopping cart?
1. On the "Product Detail" page, find the "Quantity" field and enter the
number of products you want to purchase.
2. If applicable, be sure to specify the size, colour, etc. for the product.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Add to Shopping Cart".
4. The "Shopping Cart" screen, allows you to view and edit the items added to the
5. Enter a "Coupon", if applicable, at this point.
6. Click "Return to Shopping" and continue shopping until you have everything you
need and you are ready to "Checkout"
How to Checkout?
1. There are three ways to "Checkout".
- You can either click on the "Checkout" button on the top navigation bar of any page
to see everything in your cart;
- or click on "Checkout" on the left navigation menu of all store pages;
- or upon viewing a desired item's "Product Detail" page, click on "Add to
Cart" to both update your cart with that item and proceed to the "Shopping Cart"
screen to see everything in your cart.
2. To order the items in you cart, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the
"Continue Checkout" button.
3. The system displays the "Login" page, to prompts you to login with a username and
password. Note: The "Login" screen is only displayed if you have not already
signed-in with your username and password (top right corner of the screen).
4. If you already have an eCity portal account, and you have not already logged in, enter the
username and password.
5. If you do not have an eCity portal account, click on "Register Now" - it is a
quick and easy registration process. Once registered, the eCity account facilitates
tracking of orders, updating billing and shipping information, viewing digital downloads and
6. Once logged-in, the "Shopping
Cart" screen is displayed. Click on the "Continue
7. In the "Billing and Shipping" page, read and agree to the Privacy and Return
policies, complete billing and shipping information, and then click "Continue".
8. On "Order Review" screen, if you are satisfied with the order
details - complete the credit card information and click "Submit Order".
9. The "Confirmation" page, with details of the transaction is displayed. You may
wish to print this for your records.
10. A follow up e-mail version of the confirmation page will be sent to the e-mail
account, associated with eCity portal account. You may also wish to print or save the e-mail
for your records.
What are the advantages for saving the billing information to the eCity portal
1. Save time and energy and prevent unnecessary repetitive entries. When you place your first
order, save your billing information to your profile.
2. By "Login" to the City of Mississauga portal, the user can access "My
Profile" to view and edit the billing information.
3. When placing subsequent orders, the saved billing information will appear without the
user having to re-enter the information. If the billing information has
changed, the user may make changes during the checkout process and save the changes to your
How to check your Order History?
1. After submitting an order, the "Order Confirmation" screen is displayed.
Click the "Order History" link to view a list of all orders placed by
2. An alternative way to access the "Order History" list, click on ""Order
History", in the left navigation menu found on all screens in the store. If you're not in
the store click on "Shop" on the top navigation of any screen and then access the
left navigation menu.
3. Open orders can be cancelled (except for digital downloads). To cancel, click on the
applicable "Order Number" to view the order details and then click on the
"Cancel Order" button at the bottom. Once you confirm the cancel request the order
will be cancelled.
4. To request a return of clothing items by viewing the applicable "Closed Order" and
clicking the "Request a Return" button at the bottom of the page. See
"Returns & Refunds" for further details (left navigation menu).
5. To view the details of cancelled orders, click on the applicable "Order