|eMaps, Mississauga's Interactive Online Mapping Service
Welcome to the City of Mississauga's eMaps site.
This online mapping service allows you to:
- browse and explore the City's mapping
- overlay current and historical aerial photography
- locate a street address or property
- locate a street intersection
- print maps to scale
- measure distances
- generate user-defined web links for the purpose of sharing maps
|To use eMaps, it is strongly recommended that you have the following:
- Windows 7 or higher
- Internet Explorer versions 6 to 11 (must be 32-bit version, not 64-bit)
- 512MB RAM (preferred)
- a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- 16 or 32 bit colour quality (24 bit not supported)
- high-speed or broadband internet connection
- DirectX 9.0c (extended features)
- Bentley Map Viewer ActiveX Control (provided)
|The first time you run eMaps you will be prompted to download and install
Bentley's Map Viewer client, and the required DirectX components. To complete the installation,
you must accept the terms of the Bentley licensing agreement.
Please note that eMaps was upgraded to a newer version, during December 2015. If you are a
previous eMaps user prior to this date you will be required to uninstall the older Bentley Map
Viewer client (SS4), and then install the newer version (SS5) on your PC.
Instructions on how to upgrade to the new Map Viewer are located here.
If you are experiencing issues with viewing the maps, after installing the Map Viewer client,
please ensure that your firewall/proxy servers are opened to allow access through ports 8081,
8084 and 8087, and that the eMaps server is accessible at IP address 188.8.131.52.
For more details, please refer to the FAQ pages:
eMaps Frequently Asked Questions and Help page
Notes: You must have administrative privileges on your PC to install the Map Viewer
ActiveX control. Also, turn off any pop-up blocking software. eMaps was designed for use with
Microsoft Internet Explorer 32-bit version. eMaps has not been tested to work with Netscape and
will not work on a Macintosh Computer. Future plans for eMaps include the creation of
"lite" web client, which will support a wider range of browsers, including Chrome,
Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Netscape. This solution will be very basic and offer less
functionality and features than what is currently available with the Bentley ActiveX Map Viewer