Development Services is the section within the Planning and Building Department that is responsible for processing work order and agreement compliance reports. The City does not review surveys with respect to zoning compliance. The City's response will include sufficient information to allow a solicitor to satisfy themselves with respect to permitted uses and minimum setbacks. The cost for this report is $100.00 CDN. This cost represents a fee associated with an expedited service and is reflected in our Fees and Charges By-law.
What information is included in the Compliance Report?
The online version of the Compliance Report will provide you with the same information that you would receive through the mail in service, except that you receive the report immediately. The following is a list of the information provided:
- Outstanding Letters of notification, Orders and Notices - This section contains records of outstanding violations on the property issued by Building Division (Building, HVAC, Plumbing, Signs, and Enforcement Inspection), Fire Prevention Inspection, and Bylaw Enforcement.
- Outstanding Bylaw Investigations - These are current complaints that are under investigation but have not been confirmed or elevated to a violation.
- Zoning - Here you will find the current zoning(s) applied to the property. We have provided links to PDF documents that contain general provision information about the zone. If the Zoning contains a Special Section, we have provided the entire City of Mississauga Zoning Bylaw online as a resource for you to use. You can link to the Zoning By-law from the Plan and Build eServices Centre landing page.
- Committee of Adjustment - all variance and consents linked to the property will be displayed. You can click on the link to display and print the decisions text (if available) for each variance.
- Heritage Status - This section will be included if the property is listed or designated as a Historical property or has historical structures or elements.
- Outstanding Building Permit Applications - This section contains a listing of all non-issued building permits on the property. Since properties may house many buildings, you may see permits linked to different addresses in the list. Please satisfy yourself as to the applicability to your subject property.
- Outstanding Inspections for Issued Permits - Here you will find a complete listing of all permits where the inspector has not 'signed off' the permit as complete. In the case of a new building, this may prohibit occupancy.
- Property Information - including Roll Number, Legal Description, and Subdivision Assumption date (where available)
- Fire Prevention Inspections - displays the last date of a Fire Prevention inspection by our Fire Prevention Inspector. You can contact the Inspector to arrange for an inspection if necessary.
Here is how the online Compliance Report process works:
NOTE: You are required to be logged in to use this service, so you will need to register and provide billing information.
- Select the Purchase Compliance Report service from the Plan and Build Services Centre accessed from the Online Services menu.
- Find the subject property by Address or Roll Number.
- Confirm your property selection by reviewing the data displayed on the screen and/or use the MapIt link to see a graphical representation of the subject property.
- Once you are satisfied that you have selected the correct property, click on the Purchase Compliance for this Property link
- At this point you will be taken to the eStore and product description page. The address, legal description, and roll number are provided for confirmation. If you are still satisfied that you have the correct property and wish to continue, press the Continue Checkout button.
- The Order Review page will be displayed. This will be your final confirmation page before purchasing. You need to complete the Credit Card Information block and press Submit.
- If the credit card transaction was successful, the Order Confirmation page will be displayed. Please print this page for future reference.
- At this point you are finished the purchase/order portion. You will receive (2) emails. The first email will contain order information. The second email will contain shipping/fulfillment information. The second email will contain a link to your Digital Downloads Centre where you can access your Compliance Report. You can also access your Digital Downloads by selecting Digital Downloads from the eStore under Services Online. Emails will be sent immediately and in most cases the Compliance Report will be in your Digital Download before you receive your second email (about 5 minutes).
What is a Digital Download?
A digital download is a method of delivering a product. In this case a Compliance Report or a Tax Certificate. Simply click on the Address link in the Digital Download page. A report will be generated to the screen and you will be able to print the report.
Your digital downloads will remain on the site indefinitely for your records. We will keep financial transaction records for seven years. We will also keep a copy of the Compliance Report for our records.
Under no circumstances will Development Services provide information over the telephone regarding work orders or the status of financial agreements. There are no online refunds for this service. The online service has numerous confirmation screens that display the property address and roll number. You may also use the MapIt feature to graphical see the location of the subject property for further confirmation. Compliance Reports and Tax Certificates are good only at the time of delivery because both are time sensitive and property status and tax status can change daily.
Where a work order has been rectified as a result of action taken following receipt of the City's response and you want an updated Compliance Report, you must purchase another report at $30.00 to obtain an updated letter. Although this service is not currently available online, you can request an update by calling our Development Services Section at 905-615-3200 ext 5528. Staff will explain the process. In the end, you will receive an email either containing a PDF version of the updated report or you can access the report in directly (similar to your Digital Downloads).
A revised letter will be provided at no additional cost in cases where an update is required as a result of an error made by the City. These will be faxed or mailed upon request.
When calling Development Services regarding a Compliance Report, please refer to the City's file number, which is located in the upper right hand corner of the letter (ie. CL 02-4000).
We also provide an Agreement Status report on agreements where the city is a party to the Agreement. This service is only available for requests received by mail.
Planning and Building Department
City of Mississauga
300 City Centre Drive, 11th floor
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C1
Online service is available 24/7. However, if you require to contact us we can be reached at
Telephone: 905-615-3200 ext 5622
Office hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Plan and Build Customer Service Rep