The City of Mississauga offers the convenience of scheduling an appointment with a Screening Officer to review your Penalty Notice under the City’s Administrative Penalty System.
Please read the information below carefully and in its entirety before submitting your online screening request.
Eligibility for a Screening Request
- You have 15 days from your Penalty Date to submit a screening request.
- After the 15 days, you have 30 days to request an extension of time to submit the screening request.
- You must have a Penalty Notice that starts with the letter P, A, B or V only. You cannot use this service to schedule a screening for a Parking ticket that starts with the letter M.
- You, or an authorized representative may use this service, but not both.
Failure to Appear
Failure to appear at the time and date of screening will result in an affirmation of the Penalty, and the following fees will be applied:
- $50.00 Non-Appearance Fee
- $25.00 Late Payment Fee
- $10.00 MTO Search Fee (P Penalty Notice only)
Non-payment of these amounts will result in your vehicle permit renewal being denied and will be subject to an additional Plate Denial Fee of $20.00.
You can still pay your Penalty Notice up to and including the day and time of your screening and it will result in the cancellation of your screening.
Check Screening Request Status
It is your responsibility to follow-up on the status of your online screening request. You can check the status by searching your Penalty Notice number below.
If you completed a screening request in person, you cannot see the status of your request online, as it is only for previously submitted online requests.
If your scheduled online screening request was subsequently rescheduled or updated in person, you may not see the revised status online, as this service displays information from online activity only and not in-person activity.
Personal information on this form is collected pursuant to Section 11 of the Municipal Act 2001, SO 2001, c. 25 and City of Mississauga Administrative Penalty By-law 282-13, and will be used in the administration of the Administrative Penalty System. Questions about the collection of personal information should be directed to Manager, Court Administration, 950 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Mississauga, ON, Tel: 905-615-4500.