With guidance from Peel Public Health and government agencies we are excited to announce that our community centres, fitness centres, indoor pools and arenas have been open as of September 8!
Our focus for reopening has been to provide modified services safely through a phased and measured approach. This fall, we are thrilled to increase service offerings where it is safe and we are permitted to do so. Watch this video to see what you can expect when visiting your local Community Centre.
Program and service updates: limits to unmonitored and private social gatherings
As per the Provincial government announcement effective September 18, 2020:
Indoor Bookings on City Property
• The Provincial order does not have an impact on these bookings. The maximum capacity for any indoor booking remains at 50 people (pending room size, etc.)
• The change to 10 people is directed at events that are not in a controlled setting. City facilities have added protocols in place to ensure safe practices for customers and staff
Outdoor Sport Events
• Sport activities are not considered part of this order. All sport activities continue with the original limits identified
• Expectation is that all groups will still follow all safety protocols, physical distancing, etc.
• Updated to a maximum limit of 25 people
• Enforcement of these limits will be a priority from the Province and By-law enforcement. Anyone not following these guidelines will be subjected to a fine.
Please call our Customer Service Centre at 905-615-4100 or email email@example.com for more information.