The library charges fines for late returns and lost or damaged items. If you have received a fine, you can pay in person or online.
- In person, visit your nearest library location. The library accepts payments until 15 minutes before closing. Only available when library locations are open.
- Online, log into your account through the Library Catalogue and click the Pay Now button, which will appear when you have at least $1.00 in fines. To learn more about making online payments watch our video tutorial.
Books, DVDS, magazines, CDs
- $0.35 a day up to a maximum of $10
Lightning loans, video games, launchpads
- $1 a day up to a maximum of $10
- $5 a day up to a maximum of $25
Chromebooks and laptops
- $550 replacement fee
- $10 a day up to $50
Museum and park passes
- $1 a day
The library uses a collection agency to recover outstanding fines of $20 or more. Additional fines may be added to your account.
Other fines or charges
- Lost or damaged items – replacement cost in full
- Replacement library card – $2
- Non-resident card – annual fee of $40
- Lost park or museum pass – $25