Open Window Hub

Open Window Hub is a resource and information centre designed to support and empower individuals and families who are unhoused and/or experiencing mental health issues within the City of Mississauga.

The Open Window Hub is available at:

Supported by:

HANES Brands Inc Logo


Individuals can obtain a no cost Shower Access Pass at the reception desk of various recreation locations during daily operating hours. Hours will vary by location and are subject to change. Contact or visit the facility for details.

Contact information

If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you or someone you know needs assistance, contact the following resources to seek support.

Open Window Hub 905-615-3200 x3541

Veroy Clarke, Community Development Coordinator, Central Library
905-615-3200 x3824 or 437-233-7584

Avery Cartwright, Outreach Worker, Open Window Hub


Whether you’re in need or worried about someone, call the Region of Peel Street Helpline at 1-877-848-8481. The helpline is available 24 hours a day to support the homeless.

Other resources

Food Banks: Call 211 or Region of Peel at 905-791-7800 or visit There are programs that distribute free groceries or vouchers to eligible individuals and families on low incomes.

Region of Peel: Call 905-791-7800 or toll free: 1-888-919-7800 or visit for homeless or at-risk of homelessness support. Services include emergency and transitional shelters, street outreach, support series and help to find permanent housing.

Transitional housing: Transitional housing for youth is a temporary, supportive type of housing. It offers structure, supervision, support, and life skills to help young people go from homelessness to permanent housing.  Visit Peel Youth Village Transitional Housing for more information.

In From the Cold Program: Offers people experiencing homelessness a safe and warm place to sleep during the cold winter months. Individuals are provided with a warm bed, hot meal in the evening and coffee/snack in the morning. Located at Christ First United Church gymnasium from 9:30 pm to 7:30 am. Call 647-678-8985 for referrals. Walk-ins also welcome.

Mental health supports:

  • Distress Centre of Greater Toronto 905-278-7208
  • Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868
  • EveryMind’s 24/7 Crisis Response Service at 905-278-9036
  • Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700