Open Window Hub is a resource and information centre designed to support and empower individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness or mental health issues, or both, within the City of Mississauga
The Open Window Hub is available at:
- C Cafe (Civic Centre)
- Tuesday – Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Port Credit Memorial Arena
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
You can use the showers at the following recreation locations in the city:
- Carmen Corbasson Community Centre
- Clarkson Community Centre
- Erin Meadows Community Centre
- Frank McKechnie Community Centre
- Huron Park Recreation Centre
- Malton Community Centre
- Meadowvale Community Centre
- Mississauga Valley Community Centre
- Port Credit Arena (available Mon – Fri from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- River Grove Community Centre
- South Common Community Centre
Individuals can obtain a no cost Shower Access Pass at the reception desk during daily operating hours. Daily operating hours will vary by location and subject to change due based on status of re-opening of City facilities. Check the links above or contact the facility for details.
If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you or someone you know needs assistance, contact the following resources to seek support.
Open Window Hub 905-615-3200 x3541
Veroy Clarke, Community Development Coordinator, Central Library
905-615-3200 x3824 or 437-233-7584
Avery Cartwright, Outreach Worker, Open Window Hub
Whether you’re in need or worried about someone, call the Region of Peel Street Helpline at 1-877-848-8481. The helpline is available 24 hours a day to support the homeless.
Food Banks: Call 211 or Region of Peel at 905-971-7800 or visit www.peelregion.ca. There are programs that distribute free groceries or vouchers to eligible individuals and families on low incomes.
Warming Centre: Inn From The Cold provides a dedicated space to keep people alive during dangerous weather. The program is open December 15 to March 31 from 9 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. Call 647-678-8985 or visit www.westedge.org/warming-centre for more information.
Region of Peel: Call 905-791-7800 or toll free: 1-888-919-7800 or visit www.peelregion.ca for homeless or at-risk of homelessness support. Services include emergency and transitional shelters, street outreach, support series and help to find permanent housing.
Transitional housing: Call Services and Housing in the Province (SHIP) at 905-795-8742 for transitional housing support. Transitional housing is a temporary, supportive type of housing. It offers structure, supervision, support and life skills to help people go from homelessness to permanent housing.
Mental health supports:
- Distress Centre Peel at 905-278-7208
- Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868
- EveryMind’s 24/7 Crisis Response Service at 905-278-9036
- Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700