See the services available to support at-risk individuals and the homeless in Mississauga, including free hot meals and shower access, and the Region of Peel Street Helpline.
You can use the showers at the following recreation locations in the city:
- Carmen Corbasson Community Centre
- Clarkson Community Centre
- Erin Meadows Community Centre
- Frank McKechnie Community Centre
- Huron Park Recreation Centre
- Malton Community Centre
- Meadowvale Community Centre
- Mississauga Valley Community Centre
- Port Credit Arena (available Mon – Fri from 9 am – 12 pm)
- River Grove Community Centre
- South Common Community Centre
Individuals can obtain a no cost Shower Access Pass at the reception desk during daily operating hours. Daily operating hours will vary by location and subject to change due based on status of re-opening of City facilities. Check the links above or contact the facility for details.
Resources and information
Mississauga Library’s Open Window Hub is a resource and information centre designed to support and empower individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness or mental health issues, or both, within the City of Mississauga
The Open Window Hub is available at:
- C Cafe (Civic Centre)
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (by appointment only after 1 p.m.)
- Port Credit Memorial Arena
- Monday: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Whether you’re in need or worried about someone, call the Region of Peel Street Helpline at 1-877-848-8481. The helpline is available 24 hours a day to support the homeless.
Food Banks: Call 211 or Region of Peel at 905-971-7800 or visit www.peelregion.ca. There are programs that distribute free groceries or vouchers to eligible individuals and families on low incomes.
Region of Peel: Call 905-791-7800 or toll free: 1-888-919-7800 or visit www.peelregion.ca for homeless or at-risk of homelessness support. Services include emergency and transitional shelters, street outreach, support series and help to find permanent housing.
Transitional housing: Call Services and Housing in the Province (SHIP) at 905-795-8742 for transitional housing support. Transitional housing is a temporary, supportive type of housing. It offers structure, supervision, support and life skills to help people go from homelessness to permanent housing.
Mental health supports:
- Distress Centre Peel at 905-278-7208
- Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Centre of Peel at 905-278-9036
- Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700
- Youth Mental Health Crisis Response Service at 416-410-8615
Help share this information in your neighbourhood. Download the poster.