COVID-19: latest updates on the City’s response and service impacts

Find out where you need to show proof of vaccination


Looking to organize an outdoor event? Guidelines have been developed in a printable version. Please reference our Outdoor Events Guidelines
Please review our Indoor Rentals COVID Protocols prior to attending our facilities.

You can rent spaces at our community centres, museums, arenas, and other City locations to host events like birthday parties, weddings, religious celebrations, meetings, indoor and outdoor sports activities, ice time, or community gatherings.

Find a space to rent, and see photos and details of our rental spaces.

Choose the way that works for you:

  • Complete and submit the Facility Rental Request Form
  • Call us at 905-615-4100
  • In-person payments can be processed at our customer service counter, located in the Paramount Fine Foods Centre at 5600 Rose Cherry Place, North Building between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Note: bookings cannot be made in person at this time.

We’ll contact you within two business days to review your request to confirm availability and pricing.

Sport Groups

Step 3 provincial guidelines (effective July 16, 2021):

  • Gameplay is now permitted for all sports. Contact sports are now permitted.
  • Indoor and outdoor sport permits are underway.
  • Legislative Requirements for Permit Holders:
    • Permit holders are responsible for recording the names and contact information of all participants. This is to be kept on file for at least one month
    • Each group is responsible for the development of a COVID-19 Safety Plan prior to its permitted activities. For more information on the development of a safety plan please visit Groups are expected to have the safety plan on-site for any permits if requested.
  • Participant Capacity:
    • The number of participants is limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of at least two meters of every person on site (no longer limited to groups of 10).
  • Spectator Capacity:
    • Spectator capacity is now 75% for outdoor venues. Indoor spectators are permitted, limited where possible.

Special event license

A special event could be a community gathering, cultural celebration, social gathering, sporting event, temporary farmer’s market, the grand opening of a business or other similar events.

Vendors who don’t have an annual business licence from the City of Mississauga will need a special event licence to participate in a special event.


You’ll need to purchase facility user insurance for:

  • Social gatherings
  • Outdoor festivals and events
  • Indoor and outdoor sports
  • Participating in City-operated events as a vendor or exhibitor

You can purchase insurance when you book your rental facility, or contact Customer Service at 905-615-4100 to find out more about the City’s Facility User Insurance Program.

Serving alcohol

We’ll explain the requirements for serving alcohol when we contact you about your facility rental request.

If you are serving alcohol at your event, make sure to review the Serving Alcohol Checklist.

You’ll need to give us: