|The Mississauga Library System is one of the largest public library systems in Canada with over 300,000 registered users. There are 18 locations to serve you, including a multi-floor Central Library with material allocated by subject areas.
Your Library Card
Your Library card is the key!
A Library card is FREE for residents of Mississauga or those who work or attend school or own property in Mississauga. You can use your valid card to borrow materials from any of the 18 Mississauga libraries. To get a Library card, bring in identification with your name and address on it. Always have your card with you and ready to use. If any changes occur, such as a change of name, address or phone number, please tell staff right away. If you are a non-resident, bring proof of employment or attendance at a school in Mississauga. Fees are charged for lost, damaged, forgotten or stolen cards.
|Identification required for a library card
A valid Ontario Driver's License is acceptable as a single document.
||Acceptable Proof of Address
|• Health card
• Birth Certificate
• Citizenship card
• Employer-issued photo ID card
• OAS (senior’s card)
• PR card
• SIN card
• Student ID card
|• Any Benefit Statement issued by the Government of Canada
• Bank account statement
• Benefit Statements issued by Government of Canada
• Employer record (pay stub or letter from employer)
• Insurance policy (property, auto, life)
• Motor Vehicle Permit
• Mortgage, rental or lease agreement
• Property tax assessment or bill
• School report card or transcript
• Utility bill (telephone, hydro, water, gas, cable TV)